Registrations as Contractor/ Vendor

Obtain a DUNS number

D-U-N-S Number assignment is FREE for all businesses required to register with the US Federal government for contracts or grants.

Request online:;jsessionid=81407B1F03F2BDB123DD47D19158B75F

Register business with Central Contractor Registration (CCR)

Federal acquisitions regulations require all prospective vendors to be registered in CCR prior to the award of a contract.

Online Representations and Certifications Application (ORCA)

You need to provide additional information about your company and business activities here.  The Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR) section 52.212-3 Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items explains the information you will be asked on ORCA. (

8a SBE Federal Government Certifications WBE (Women Owned Business); MBE (Minority Owned Business); DBE (Disadvantaged Business Certification; and VOSB  (Veterans and Service Disabled Certifications)

Optional certifications, but advantageous if your firm qualifies for any of the above certificiations.


Register with Federal Business Opportunities (FBO)

Register and receive email notifications of business opportunities

Disaster Contracting

FEMA and the Army Corp of Engineers now require that firms register separately with the agencies.  The email changes for each agency’s department.

United Nations

Also requires separate registration with PTU (Procurement Travel Unit).

World Health Organization:   Company Profile for Services Attached

Registration with the United Also required for almost all contracts.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s